Hello World! Can Can Dancer has moved. Please visit www.cancandancer.com to see new DIY posts (and all past posts too!). Happy Crafting!

Creamy Tomato Pasta

Sorry for the hiatus! I was out of town June 25th-July 4th, and had no way of uploading anything to the blog! (And by out of town I mean, driving from the west coast all the way to the east coast!)

I have been trying to mix up my meal plan, so I'm not always eating tacos and homemade pizza. I tried a tomato-cream sauce via allrecipes.com. I changed my version slightly, because I am a lover of garlic.



Here is the recipe (with my modifications in bold):

2 tablespoons olive oil
1/2 onion, diced
3 cloves of garlic, minced
1 (14.5 ounce) can Italian-style diced tomatoes, undrained
2 tablespoon fresh basil leaves
3/4 teaspoon white sugar
1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
1/2 cup heavy cream
1 tablespoon butter
1 teaspoon red wine vinegar (if you don't want it too sweet.)

In a saucepan, saute onion and garlic in olive oil over medium heat. Make sure it doesn't burn. Add tomatoes, basil, sugar, oregano, salt and pepper into a blender and blend until consistency is slightly chunky. Pour blender mixture into saucepan. Bring to boil and continue to boil 5 minutes or until most of the liquid evaporates. Remove from heat; stir in whipping cream and butter. Reduce heat and simmer 5 more minutes. Add red wine vinegar, to neutralize sweetness if desired.

Pour over or toss with cooked pasta. Grade plenty of parmesan cheese and dress it up with a fresh basil leaf on top.

If you want to try the original instead click: HERE.

No comments:

Post a Comment